- This event has passed.
January 23 - 10:00 // 14:00
The Ministry for Digital Policy and Public Administration of the Catalan Government invites all the stakeholders in the tech ecosystem to the SmartCatalonia Congress, an event that wants to be the meeting point for Smart Cities in Catalonia. The event will focus on how technology will impact in cities and towns, explaining some real use cases and with speeches about 5G, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. Moreover, there will also be an introduction to the project Observatori SmartCatalonia, as well as the benefits of membership, and nine Catalan city halls will receive the Soc Smart emblem.
- 10:00 Institutional welcome – Ministry for Digital Policy and Public Administration
- 10:15 Keynote – Karma Peiró, ICT journalist
- 10:45 Impact of 5G in cities – Rosa Paradell, Innovation Business Development Director at the i2CAT Foundation
- 11:15 Coffee break
- 11:45 Blockchain applied to cities – Montse Guardia, General Manager at Alastria Blockchain Ecosystem
- 12:15 Artificial Intelligence for cities – Alfredo Vellido, Researcher and Associate Professor at UPC-IDEAI
- 12:45 Analysis of the Smart Sector in Catalonia – Arnau Sala, Project Manager Smart Cities and Regions at the i2CAT Foundation
- 13:00 Success Cases of Smart technologies in Catalonia
- 13:30 Presentation of “Soc Smart” emblems – Joan Duran, project coordinator Smart Cities and Regions at the Secretariat for Digital Policy
- 13:40 “Soc Smart” emblem awards
- 13:45 Institutional closure
- 14:00 Lunch