Dr Hatim Chergui, researcher of the 6G Enablers project, will be chairing the “Workshop on Scalable and Trustworthy AI for 6G Wireless Networks” during the IEEE International Conference on Communications, which will be celebrated in Rome (Italy) from the 28th of May to the 01st of June 2023. During the session, experts will discuss the use of AI algorithms for (AI)-enabled sixth-generation (6G) zero-touch automated wireless networks, which is one of the main objectives of the 6G Enablers project. Find out more
In the coming weeks, tenders for the 6GSMART, 6GENABLERS, 6GTWINROAD, 6GSatNet, and 6G OpenVerso-Holo projects will be opened.
Within the framework of the 6G-SATNET project, researcher Arnau Singla is speaking this morning at the 33rd edition of the AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting (Austin, Texas) to present the article “Towards 6G Non-Terrestrial Networks – An Autonomous Constellation Management Engine”. More information
Tenders for the 6GTWINROAD project will be opened between November 18 and 23, aimed at creating digital twins for connected and autonomous mobility (CAM) on roads based on 6G technologies.
The call is addressed to companies, SMEs and universities that want to participate in the project.
Likewise, in the coming months, the opening of tenders for the projects 6G OpenVerso-Holo, 6GSatNet, OPEN6G, 6GOPENVERSO-Net and 6GENABLERS- DLT for 6G: Smart Marketplace is expected.
6GSATNET-GS at the Abu Dhabi 6G Summit 2022
On November 3-4, Moha Mosahebfard (i2CAT) will present the “Towards Quantum-Enabled 6G Slicing” poster, linked to the 6GSatNet-GS project, at the 6G Summit in Abu Dhabi (UAE).
Funded by the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation and the European Union-NextGenerationEU within the framework of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan of the Government of Spain.
Within the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan for research and innovation projects in the deployment of advanced 5G and 6G technologies, framed within the UNICO I+D 6G programme, i2CAT has been awarded 20 research projects for a total amount of about € 16,5 million to be executed in 36 months, starting in January 2022.
The projects are grouped into 6 coordinated projects plus an action to support the recruitment of talent. All projects are led by i2CAT, which will execute 30% of the budget and subcontract the remaining 70% to large companies, SMEs and research organizations through public procurement procedures.
One of the objectives of these grants is to increase the leadership of public research groups in 5G, being a benchmark in the technological development of advanced 5G and 6G. For this reason, part of the aid will be dedicated to promoting the promotion and attraction of talent in the field of Telecommunications Engineering studies, with a particular emphasis on gender equality and the international arena.
The Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan serves as a framework for different programs and actions that will facilitate the universalization of access to ultra-fast broadband throughout the territory and accelerate the deployment of 5G. This initiative is part of the UNICO I+D 6G Program.
Dr. Jesus Alonso-Zarate
Dr. Yuri Murillo
In this White Paper, we introduce i2CAT’s view on the future 6G system and we highlight the key technical areas where i2CAT will focus its 6G R&D efforts in the upcoming years.
We also describe a set of key R&D assets that will help us maximize the impact of our 6G research.